Houston Product Liability Lawyers and Lawsuits
Products are a part of our everyday life. Modern-day lifestyles require the use of many different products for many different purposes like:
The products that assist us in achieving our every day tasks come with risks and warnings for us but they also are subjected to safety standards to minimize risks and the chances of consumers experiencing these risks. Liability law covers many types of products like:
- Home products
- Motor vehicle products
- Medical devices
- Industrial products
Product liability refers to the undeniable responsibility of a product or producer for a harmful defect or dangerous design, material or else.
Various Legal Theories for Recovery
At Attorney Jose S. Lopez we are experienced in product liability cases. Two things necessary for building a case for product liability are the design date and the product type. Based on these two factors, we may pursue a case for either breach of warranty or strict liability. Whichever direction your case takes us, the manufacturer may be liable for your injury or a loved one’s wrongful death.
Breach of warranty has three subcategories:
- Express warranty: Seller guarantees (written or spoken) a product will perform a certain way or is made with high quality standards.
- Implied warranty of merchantability: Safety and quality standards upheld by the law
- Implied warranty of fitness for specific purpose: Seller guarantees (written or spoken) that the product is made for or can perform for a particular purpose.
Strict liability requires evidence that the product was defective prior to its distribution. These defects include:
- Design defects, lacking features that make the product unsafe
- Manufacturing defects, making them unsafe to use
- Failure to warn, the product must be used a certain way and consumer is not educated about the specifications
Lawsuits to Recover Damages
Attorney Jose S. Lopez attorneys know how much you rely on products for everyday living because we do, too. So, we understand how frustrating and scary it can be when a product fails us and causes harm to us or our families. Sometimes the injury doesn’t develop until an extended period of time has passed, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t entitled to file a claim. Call us today to discuss your options and legal rights.
Contact Houston Product Liability Lawyers
We focus on personal injury cases, and we return phone calls after hours. Free parking at our office, flexible hours and staff members who are fluent in Spanish make our legal team highly accessible to you. Call today for your free consultation at 713-529-0220 or contact us online. We are excited to review your case!
Quick Contact for consultation
Contact for a free case evaluation / consultation
COPYRIGHT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 - DISCLAIMER